the internet Polish Genealogical Source

St. Ann Parish - Frackville PA

A brief parish history from the 1974 Golden Jubilee Book

1920 to 1924: Fathers Peter Kucharski and John Mioduszewski, both successive pastors of SS Peter and Paul Church, Sr. Clair, Pa. attended to the spirirual needs of the Polish People residing in Frackville.

June 13, 1924: Farher Stanislaus J. Garstka arrives with official appointment to organize Sr. Ann's Parish, and remain it's first Pastor.

June 14, 1924: Sr. Ann's Parish in Frackvillt, Pa. officially bei;ns to function.

June 15, 1924: First Parish Mass, celebrated in Annunciation B.V .M. Church. Ten persons present.

Same Day, P.M.: First gathering of organizing parishioners. They were John Sherako, Stanley Kosierp, Andrew Baran, Peter Orchowski, Alexander Bruszewski, Anthony Domalewski, Connie Sobolewski, Joseph Bialecki, Joseph Niedwiecki, Ladislaus Baranowski, Michael Wallas, and Father Garstka.

June 21, 1925: Ground breaking for the new church.

September 7, 1925: Laying of cornerstone for new church. Monsignor Peter Masson officiated.

May 31, 1926: Dedication of the completed church, this done by Dennis Cardinal Dougherty, of Philadelphia. Parish societies from Shenancioah, Mahanoy City, Sr. Clair and Minersville participated.

May 31, 1931: Father Bronislaus Sienkiewicz sang his First Mass.

July 14, 1940: Bishop Leech of Harrisburg dedicated the new Main Alrar.

1941 to 1945: Stained Glass Windows installed.

May 21, 1946: Father Garstka's Silver Jubilee of Ordination. June 12, 1949: Silver Jubilee of Parish.

December 28, 1955: Father Garstka transferred to Philadelphia, finishing n tenure of 31 years in Frackville. Father Joseph Swies arrives as pastor of St. Ann's Parish.

November 15, 1956: Father Joseph Rapczynski assigned to Sr. Ann's parish, first temporarily, then permanently in May of 1957. November 1959: Dedicarion of Statue of Sr. Joseph, patron of \vorkers.

April 1961: St. Ann's become part of the newly created Diocese of Allentown.

August 1961: Church Building extensively remodelled.

January 10, 1964: Father Garstka dies in Philadelphia.

November 28, 1966: Dedication of Statue: in memory of Father Garstka.

1968: Rectory is constructed, and occupied.

March 28, 1971: Father John Pavlosky, celebrated his First Mass.

For Website Corrections or Problems: Webmaster at webmaster@ipgs.us

Copyright © 2008— internet Polish Genealogical Source— All Rights Reserved

Last Updated on October 20, 2011